Friday, July 8, 2011

UN Plans Massive Expansion


The UN announced its plan to build an additional tower on the park adjacent to the current structures. This will eliminate the dog run as well as some of the other park area. Along with this expansion, they plan to create a plaza along the waterfront which will include a bike path contiguous with the one currently ending on East 37th Street.

All of this will have a huge impact on our everchanging neighborhood.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/08/un-eyes-prospect-another-nyc-high-rise/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to see how many people will complain about the shadow cast on Manhattan with this building as compaired to when Trump built his huge skyscraper on First Avenue.

K9 said...

Can I run my dog on the bike path?

Schteveo said...

I don't care HOW big they make their all inclusive, totalitarian "One World Headquarters". I still have MY small American, I believe in individualism armory.

Screw them!!

BOW said...

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/113086/bubble-destroyed-middle-class-marketwatch?mod=bb-budgeting

Tweety said...

I'm worried my coop board will find out I have a parakeet.

Lily said...

How is this going to affect our taxes?
What will the UN give the city in return?