Saturday, July 2, 2011

New Streetlights?


Have you been wondering what the orange cones and cement blocks on East 38th Street between 1st Avenue and the FDR Drive are for? I have. I'm not sure as no one has said anything, but this is what my impression from seeing them. It appears that the 2 spots are wired bases for street lamps. This is an excellent idea for safety along that street. I was concerned that they may be for parking meters, but they don't look to be that way, and 2 would be overkill. Being on the south side of the street means the street gets the light, but we shouldn't be getting light coming into our apartments at night with this configuration. If anyone has any further information to share, please do so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll wait for the official version from Pravda.

Anonymous said...

Do the new street lights come with new hookers?

Anonymous said...

You have to import your own.